INTERNATIONAL TRAINING IN COMMEDIA DELL’ARTE
Directed by Antonio Fava - Reggio Emilia, Italy
31th july – 24th august 2017
Is appearance in 16th Century Italy, its spread and adaptation throughout Europe, marked a highly important turning point in the history of the western Theatre: with it, the Theatre changed from ritualistic and amateurish to actual profession (art).
The new actor was born, someone who possessed a personal acting “know-how”.
This gave rise to the Modern Theatre.
Commedia dell’Arte as presented nowadays, is an exacting discipline where practical ability and know-how are essential for those who intend to make the Theatre their career.
Professional actors who want updated information, pupils from schools of Dramatic Art, students and scholars who study theatrical disciplines are those for whom this Training Session is intended.
- The Mask: use and meaning
- Fixed types and character parts: Old People, Lovers, the Zanni, Captains and their main variants
- The functions of the characters
- Gestures and behaviour of the characters
- The Lazzi
- Comic acrobatics
The lessons are of three types: Technique, Improvisation, Canovacci
Commedia dell’Arte is taught by Antonio Fava who speaks English, Spanish and French besides Italian.
All languages in the world are welcome at the Training Session.
- Acrobatics: Marcella Domeniconi
- Expressive technique: Cecilia di Donato
- Maestro’s assistant: Ferruccio Fava
A MAXIMUM 48 PERSONS MAY TAKE PART IN THE COURSE. THIS NUMBER WILL BE DIVIDED INTO TWO GROUPS OF 24 STUDENTS.
- Period: 31th july – 24th august 2017
- Classes from Mondays to Fridays. No classes at the weekends.
- mornings from 9.30 a.m. to 13.15 p.m.: techniques, gesturing, characterization, acrobatics.
- Afternoons from 3 p.m. to 6.30/7 p.m. (depending on the specific programme): study of the Commedia through improvisation and preparation of play parts with improvised dialogue (Canovacci).
- The lessons are strictly reserved for the participants.
The Canovacci, the final performance and any other regular performances hosted during the Training Session, will be open to the public.The leather masks designed and made by the maestro will be available to the students during the Training Session.
At the end of the Training Session course, a diploma will be presented to each student in public at the end of the final performance.
The participation fee is € 800.00.
Accommodation is available (use of a bed and kitchen) into apartments in the town at the cost of € 265.00 for a double room,
€ 465.00 for a single room, €720.00 for a studio apartment.
The accommodation is furnished and equipped with crockery, blankets, bedspread, colour TV and washing machine.
Applications for enrolment in the course: student’s name, surname, date and place of birth, address, telephone numbers,
e-mail address, CV, photos.
- via Vigarani n°9
- 42121 Reggio Emilia – Italia
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Tel: +39 0522 436768
- Mobile: +39 338 5864308
Dina Buccino will reply to each person who enrolls. Students who are accepted will receive all the information required to complete their enrolment. Each person will be informed of the registration deadline.